Thursday 28 October 2010

Roasting Poblano Peppers


I've been considering adding some photos, but generally I hate the "here's-something-I-made-with-5-types-of-bacon-and 6-types-of-cheese-and-here-are-40-photos-of-me-making-it-do-you-like-it reddit-do-yo-do-you-do-you" type food blogs. Neither do I want to degenerate into the type of person who's first act is to photograph every plate that is put in from of them.

So. Occasionally you'll get a photo. As long as it's pretty.

While we are on the subject, the decision not to have ingredient lists followed by a method of preparation is a deliberate choice. I hate reading recipes like that. The body of the recipe normally omits the quantities so you end up going back and forth from ingredients list to the body of the recipe. And my giving an ingredients list, would just give an impression of a level of precision that I really, really don't work to.

If it works for Elizabeth David it'll do for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment